Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) is a statutory body set up under the Accountants Act, 1967 to regulate and develop theaccountancy profession in Malaysia. Its responsibilities include quality assurance and enforcement that is carried out to ensure that the credibility of the profession is maintained and that public interest is continuously upheld. MIA's regulatory role is carried out via the following methods:
- Carrying out competitive assessment in admitting members into the Institute in a bid to ensure that the quality of the profession remains top notch
- Meeting the training and development needs of members and non members of the accountancy profession as part of its commitment to help them be knowledgeable and maintain their relevance in today's markets
- Implementing professional standards and practices based on internationally accepted guidelines as By-Laws for members to comply with in maintaining the integrity of the profession
- Having in place a robust disciplinary system for those who fail to comply with these standards MIA is also an active partner in nation-building since its inception 40 years ago as it actively contributes views and ideas for the well-being of the nation and the accountancy profession. In addition, the Institute monitors international and local accountancy trends and developments, and consults regularly with the government and other statutory bodies.
In the international and regional arena, the Institute plays a significant role in developing and advancing the global accountancy profession through its involvement in organisations like:
• ASEAN Federation of Accountants (AFA)
• Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA)
• International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
MIA's involvement in these bodies also places Malaysia in the global limelight apart from enabling global thoughts to be brought home for the benefit of Malaysian accountants.
Why Choose Us ?
Being the statutory body entrusted with the responsibility to regulate and develop the accountancy profession in Malaysia, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) is the leading organisation to provide a range of accounting, management best practices and corporate governance training courses that are up-to-date and most relevant to meet today's business management needs in creating stakeholders value.
Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) is currently offers training programmes primarily to the members of the accountancy and business management profession in Malaysia as follows:
- Accounting & Financial Reporting Standards
- Management Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Audit, Assurance & Risk Management
- Legal & Corporate Governance
- Banking & Finance
- Public Practice & Consultancy
- Information Technology
- All Programmes are recognised for Continuing Professional Education purposes.
- Programmes are claimable under HRDF.
- Certain selected programmes are recognised by SIDC.
- MIA is an approved training provider for SMEs by SMIDEC.