ADTEC Melaka (Advanced Technology Training Centre) or also known as Pusat Latihan Teknologi Tinggi Melaka is a technical skills training centre. This centre provides 70% hands on training and 30% theoretical education for its trainees. It is one of four such institutions in the country and is fully-governed by the Department of Manpower under the Ministry of Human Resources.
ADTEC Melaka was built in 1998 under the 7th Malaysian Plan and was offi cially launched by the then Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister, YAB Datuk Seri Abdullah Hj Ahmad Badawi, and Malacca Chief Minister YAB Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Hj Rustam on 11 January 2003.
ADTEC Melaka stands on a 70 square acre area located in Taboh Naning, Alor Gajah, about 3km away from the Simpang Ampat Toll Plaza (which links to the PLUS North South Highway).
Focusing on providing formal technical training for SPM/SPVM and SKM students, ADTEC Melaka paves the way for those who aspire to become qualifi ed skilled workers in fields which involve the use of advanced technology in line with the rapid modernisation and technological revolution taking place globally.
The ultimate vision of ADTEC Melaka is to churn out highly capable individuals in the quest to transform the country’s manpower development in becoming more efficient.
- To provide an opportunity for schoolleavers to acquire skills training.
- To help graduates obtain skillstraining as a way for them to begina career and face challenges in thework environment.
- To produce capable manpower forhi-tech industries.
- To enhance skills competencyamong workers from the industrialsector.
ADTEC Melaka is fully-equipped withthe latest equipment and machinerywhich are on par with those used byindustries, to help the trainees get theright exposure needed for them to adaptaptly to the demands of the industrialsector.
ADTEC Melaka offers the following programmes:
- Production Technology
- Mechatronics Technology
- Telecommunication Technology
- Computer Technology
- Automotive Technology
Multimedia and Resource Centre, air-conditioned lecture halls, classrooms, computer labs, recreational facilities (e.g. badminton hall, indoor and outdoor courts). Accommodation for students is also provided.
The programmes conducted by ADTEC Melaka are based on the National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS) and all programmes are verifi ed and endorsed by the Department of Skills Development (JPK). Students who complete their programmes successfully will be awarded Technology Diplomas or Advanced Diplomas by the Department of Manpower. ADTEC Melaka is also certifi ed by SIRIM with MS ISO 9001:2000 (Quality Certifi cation).
List of Corporate Clients
- Memorandum of Understanding (Collaboration)
- Airfoil Services Sdn. Bhd.
- Dongwha Fibreboard Sdn. Bhd.
- Short Courses
- Ministry of Education (Technical School teachers) – CNC Milling & Turning Courses
- Dongwha Fibreboard Sdn. Bhd. – Basic Hydraulic & Basic
- Pneumatics Courses
- Hualon Corporation (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Everts (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Detergent (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Teaching Factory
- CTRM Aviation Sdn. Bhd.
- TRIM-TELESIS Engineering Sdn. Bhd.
- Privilege Precision Engineering Sdn. Bhd.
- Industry Committee
- Tooling Industry Committee
- Involves State Government & Kausar